Another Christmas Baking Session!
It's here! The Christmas Eve Baking Event has started. Today, my dad and I made brownie cupcakes!
for the brownie
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder
- 2 cups of grated hazelnuts (optional)
*for the toppings, we just used powdered white sugar instead of frosting but I've added a frosting ingredient list just in case*
for the frosting
- 3 tablespoons of softened butter
- 3 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 175 degrees C.
2. In a large saucepan, melt 1/2 cup of butter. Remove it from the heat and add the sugar, eggs, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla while stirring.
3. Beat in 1/3 cup of cocoa, 1/2 cup of flour, salt, and baking powder.
4. (optional) Add the grated hazelnuts and mix the batter.
5. Pour the batter into each cupcake papers until it fills half or 2/3s of it.
6. Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes. Don't bake it any longer than this.
7. After it comes out, sprinkle powdered sugar on top to give it a Christmasy-snowy look!
1.Combine 3 tablespoons of softened butter, 3 tablespoons of cocoa, honey, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, and 1 cup of powdered sugar.
2. Stir until it becomes smooth.
3. Frost the brownies while they are still warm.
Normally, brownies are in a big square pan, but we had to improvise because we didn't have one that was fit for it. Fortunately, we had cupcake papers, so we made brownie cupcakes instead!
If you've followed the steps, you'll end up with something like these!
It was as delicious as it looks :)